Video blogs

Home Forums Living with type one Video blogs

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

Do you all a) like b) dislike c) are entirely indifferent to, video blogs? See for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOMRFglhzMk

Stephen
      Participant

LIke – but only if you continue doing them in your dinner jacket in a pseudo-drunk-bond stylee ;)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Me agree’s with @Stephen ;)

Tim
      Keymaster

I was toying of doing one in my tweed suit with bagpipes in the background…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Perhaps we can include a selection of the now infamous limericks?

lizz
      Participant

Very impressive. Made me laugh. Liked the books. I want the meter. Does it really plug in and work on a mac? Nothing else seems to.

Think it should be shorter. You may have killed your glamorous assistant throwing prickers at her like that. Was your cameraman a man? Or a woman? If you refer to readers I expect subtitles. And I also wanted to be able to read the titles of your books. I’m nosy like that. The only one I could be sure of was Thomas the Tank. I’m not interested in Thomas the tank Engine.

Tim
      Keymaster

@mikeinspain – the less said about the limericks the better…

@lizz – I do not have a copy of Thomas the Tank Engine on my shelves!! And the cameraman was my wife @katie!!!

Annette A
      Participant

@tim – and why not? Its a classic!

lizz
      Participant

No? I wonder what it is! How fascinating. Aaah now in the industry she has to be camera, camera operator… but not cameraman. Since you are clearly setting up an industry, in your library.

What’s next?

Tim
      Keymaster

@annette – I had a whole set of them when I was a nipper – I especially liked the one in which Henry was very proud of his new coat of paint so he went into a tunnel and refused to come out because it was raining. The Fat Controller then bricked him up in said tunnel as punishment. In retrospect it seems quite harsh.

@lizz – I’m reclaiming the term “cameraman” and applying it to my wife. My aim is to satirise the sexism inherent in the system, man.

Annette A
      Participant

Is she going to be ‘Best Boy’ as well, then?

Tim
      Keymaster

@annette – he he! Yes.

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

Me agrees with @mikeinspain and @Stephen :P

Anonymous
      Inactive

Me-um agrees with @teloz, @mikeinspain and @Stephen :)

Also, a ‘best of Diabetic limericks/haiku/etc’ section would be great :D

Tim
      Keymaster

The world hath spoken and it giveth video blogs the thumbs up. Therefore Alison and I will be recording some more when she’s next in Edinburgh. Any particular subjects you lot want us to cover?

Stephen
      Participant

Is @alison going to be playing the bond girl to your dinner jacket @tim ? :P

Tim
      Keymaster

I’m afraid it’s unlikely that the dinner suit will make another appearance; one has to move on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Perhaps another famous double act? Bonny & Clyde? Thelma and Louise?

Alison
      Keymaster

Bill and Ben? I’ll bring a flowerpot

Tim
      Keymaster

You’ll all be thrilled to hear that Alison and I managed to record a whole load video blogs on ;

Alison
      Keymaster

@Tim I’m a little disappointed with our first vlog – the bottle of port (ShootUp’s official drink) in the background is nowhere near as prominent as it should be!

lizz
      Participant

@Alison, the effects of it are clear in your comment though…

Tim
      Keymaster

@Alison – also the glasses are empty and are not in our hands…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.