To save you remembering yet another user name and password you can now log in to your soaraway Shoot Up via your Facebook account (if, indeed, you have one). To do this:
1) If you’re logged in to the Shoot Up system, hit [Log out] in the top right corner. If you’re a brand new user you obviously don’t have to do this;
2) Then hit the [Login with Facebook] button in the top right;
3) A box should pop up and prompt you for you Facebook log in details; fill them in;
4) If you have an existing Shoot Up account then **allow** Facebook to share your email address with Shoot Up. The system then tries to match your Facebook registered email address with your Shoot Up registered email address and will merge the two accounts if it finds a match. If you don’t allow this then you’ll get a brand new Shoot Up account.
5) That’s it – you can log in using the [Login with Facebook] button forever more.
This saves you having to remember another password and it will automatically update Shoot Up with your Facebook picture. Woo!
So now you can all see me having a shower courtesy of an elephant, rather than seeing my rather more obscured wee mee avatar…. oh, apologies for that!
@Tim – it seems that it doesn’t resize your FB profile pic down as small as the old ones on the thread list page… so now I’m comparatively a big big (or is it just finding it hard to squash an elephant?)
And I’m now Claire rather than BelleBe which is fine, but could get confusing with the other Claire(s)
Yup – it should use your Facebook avatar instead of your Shoot Up one – and great picture BTW!
I guessed that if people are happy to use an avatar on a public site like Facebook then they’re probably okay with using it on Shoot Up. I daresay it can be replaced if there’s a problem or you can just break the connection between FB and Shoot Up by denying permission to the Shoot Up app.
I’ll have a look at the squashing picture thing and the user name thing – off the top of my head I think you can change the latter through your profile settings…
@Bellebe – you can just change your “name” in your Shoot Up profile to whatever you want. Using amazing admin. powers I’ve updated yours back to Bellebe – but feel free to be Claire if you prefer!
For anyone else who wants to change what name they post under do this:
1) Hit your name up in the top right corner – the link just above the [Log out] button
2) Then hit the [Profile] tab, then [Edit profile]
3) Change your name in the first box and then hit [Save changes]
Do you know how long it has taken me to remember what my username/password are after all this time of using the facebook thingy? I have enough to remember in everyday life, regardless of my inter-life…