Hypoglycemic Excursion

Home Forums Living with type one Hypoglycemic Excursion

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey guys n gals..

So yesterday, whilst navigating the interweb I came across some online activity that was the “Artificial Pancreas Project”. I’m not going to bore you to tears about the project, so here is a link to the site. http://www.artificialpancreasproject.com/

Anyways in-conjunction with the FDA they held a Public Forum, streaming it to the masses. During one of the presentations, someone mentioned the term “Hypoglycemic Excursion”. A first for me!! :)

So what would you call your Hypo’s? What are your “Excursion’s” like? To be kind, here is some help – http://thesaurus.com/browse/excursion

Stephen
      Participant

I just call ’em f*** ups ;)

Annette A
      Participant

I just get a mental picture of a whole load of diabetics clutching lucozade, queuing up to get onto a charabanc to go to somewhere like Blackpool (although maybe Blackpool would be a hyperglycaemic excursion-perhaps Morecambe would be better…)

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

I luv you @annette, you make me larf… Pmsl! :)

Cecile
      Participant

I go Dutch & call mine Ckoei(e) (hope that leaves you in the dark, as the supposed glycaemic properties of Blackpool&Morecambe left me :D)

Hypoglycaemic excursion to Downing Street:
      Single-decker bus took you to entreat
      Drug policy unions
      With Netherlands’ loony ‘uns –
      You’ll get high and with sweet milk cheese replete.

Annette A
      Participant

Hippopotamus? An explanation for non-British readers: Blackpool = Las Vegas on a very very tight budget and without any of the class (you get my drift). Think noise, lights, sweets and icecream galore ; Morecambe = the sort of place you can make the old joke about ‘I went to Morecambe once, it was shut.’ Used to be a fashionable seaside resort. Isnt any longer.Now famous for cockle picking and dangerous tides.

Annette A
      Participant

Anyone fancy a lowland safari? or a little prostrate peregrination, perhaps? A little woozy wandering, or a jellybaby junket?
      How to convince the rest of the world that you have, indeed, lost it totally.

Stephen
      Participant

Woozy wandering sounds like a successful Friday night out to me :)

Cecile
      Participant

@annette: MMM (milked myself mooing)! Ach, my earlocks are clammy and starting to curl, I’m off on a Jelly Tot junket (oh, and “hippo” sounds like “hipo”, which is mother tongue for “hypo”)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I come from morecambe and I can pretty much guarantee that nobody has an excursion there any more. And yes it is usually shut!

Stephen
      Participant

I beg to differ @savagebiker650! My mate and I love nothing more than taking the Manta/Rover V8 for a good run from Derby to Morecambe!

Thought I must concede, last time it was shut …….

Anonymous
      Inactive

Fair play Stephen, its a good run from Derby to Morecambe, Cat and Fiddle all the way although 2 wheels is my choice. The beauty is that you can go back to Derby but I’ve gotta go back to morecambe, if its open that is!

Stephen
      Participant

Cat and Fiddle used to be awesome, full of average speed cameras now isn’t it though? :(

Tim
      Keymaster

I once went ten pin bowling in Morecambe. I realise this adds absolutely nothing to the thread, but I thought I would add it anyway. Sorry.

Alison
      Keymaster

If we’re after random Morecambe facts, I did an army assault course on the seafront there as a child and quite enjoyed it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

And I played in a brass band competition there as a child. Didn’t much enjoy it- not a patch on Blackpool, or even Kendal (especially on the confectionery front)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.