Shoot Up on the map

Home Forums Shoot Up on the map

Tagged: 

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

Apropos of nothing, I’ve configured a Google map which plots approximately where our readers post from and put it here: http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/shoot-up-on-the-map/

Given I don’t know where you most of you live, the map only lists me at the minute. If you’d like to be included on said map (and why wouldn’t you?), then either reply below with your town (I’m not going for pin-point accuracy here, it’s not a stalker’s charter) or email me.

We’ll see if this is slightly interesting or maybe it’ll fizzle out like quite a lot of my hair-brained schemes!

Dave
      Participant

I’ll get in before the unusually large Bristolmassive.
      Carnforth LA5

Cheers

Annette A
      Participant

Half way between Coventry and Rugby. Not Coventry. I DO NOT LIVE IN COVENTRY (are you listening Coventry and Warwickshire PCT? No? Thought not.)

Alison
      Keymaster

Put me down as St Helens, that should be vague enough to keep the stalkers away!

Tim
      Keymaster

Duly updated!

Anonymous
      Inactive

North Finchley, although I post more from the Oval (if you get the mobile side of the website working again!)

Tim
      Keymaster

Rather than post “I’ve just updated it” again and again; please just assume that I’ve done it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Alison where about in St.H? That’s where I was born.

I live in Poole, Dorset.

Tim maybe you could produce a map of where they were diagnosed? Environmental factors used to be thought to contribute to diabetes… no idea really….could just be my age and my memory though!

Alison
      Keymaster

@mustard Ah, a local lass! I’m just outside Prescot, I was diagnosed at Whiston Hospital.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Stick me down as oxford but I’m a morecambe lad at heart!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@tim – you can put me down for Bristol or Spain. You can decide! ;-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cardiff!! Since you don’t have a Welsh representation… ;)

Tim
      Keymaster

@mikeinspain – I’ll go for Spain – can you be a touch more specific? ;-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@tim let’s go for Torrevieja – (zoom in, then slap a pin in between the 2 salt lakes)

Tim
      Keymaster

@mikeinspain – ah, only about 100 miles from where I guessed you lived!

Anonymous
      Inactive

[creepy voice] I know where you live . . . ahem, sorry for that momentary lapse. Please put me down slightly southeast of your own blue marker. Ormiston, East Lothian. If this is too specific, just mark me as Edinburgh as well. Happy Christmas! Bring on the stilton :)

Tim
      Keymaster

Hurrah for Stilton!!

In other news, I’ve put a wee version of the map over on the right hand navigation bar.

Cecile
      Participant

Usually I graze in Bredasdorp, but rather pin me down at the southernmost tip/Agulhas – in presence of possible members from Antarctica, Argentina, Australia & New Zealand, I can never be most austral of all, but at least I’ll lead the pack in South Africa :)

Tim
      Keymaster

@ckoei – you do rather spread out the distribution of readers on the map somewhat!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Shropshire… stick me down as a country lad ;)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Surely I can’t be the only londoner

Ahem
      (you are the only londoner & don’t call me shirley!)

If the diagnosis thing kicks off I could’ve briefly been found at the QE2 hospital in Welwyn Garden City, wasn’t my hospital but its where they admitted me to first!

Tim
      Keymaster

@furrypaul – what’s my vector, Victor?

Annette A
      Participant

Okay, its freaky. I’ve looked at where my little blue arrow is, and its within a mile of my actual house, despite a fairly vague description… @tim has spies everywhere… :-)

Tim
      Keymaster

Shoot Up is watching you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Andover, Minnesota, USA

Anonymous
      Inactive

New girl here from just outside Oxford.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, I am liking the map, but not much Scottish representation! Can I be filed under Grampian? Cheers.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Currently living in Doncaster, but am waiting to move back home to Oxford. I was diagnosed in Oxford’s Churchill Hospital.

Tim
      Keymaster

@stilltinyclanger – Hi Anne, welcome to Shoot Up. I’ve just added you to the map!

lizz
      Participant

I’m Bristol, am I there?

Tim
      Keymaster

@Lizz – you are now!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Another Welsh rep here – I’m in Cardiff :o)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Put me down in Glasgow. Although my wife says I’m on a different planet most of the time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rawtenstall BB4 8

Anonymous
      Inactive

Portsmouth

Anonymous
      Inactive

St Albans :)

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.