Shoot Up awards

Home Forums Shoot Up awards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

I’m toying with the idea of giving out some end-of-year awards. Obviously these will be related to diabetes (that really is obvious) but I wonder if you have any suggestions as to categories for awards? What about “Best diabetes gadget”, “best diabetes charity”, “diabetic of the the year”, etc.

We will probably have defamation issues if we have something like “UK’s worst healthcare trust” but do stick them in the thread below – it’ll be fun!

Annette A
      Participant

Most useless news article? (Then you’re not defaming the newspaper/carrier, or the journalist, just the article…but I dont know how that stuff works)

Alison
      Keymaster

To keep the lawyers happy you could have “Best example of useless diabetes care” – then you can still marvel at their ineptitude without ending up in prison for defaming them.

Most idiotic piece of diabetes advice
      Diabetes cure of the year – the most ridiculous cure story of the last 12 months

Tim
      Keymaster

I do like the way you’re focusing on the negative – very much the Shoot Up way ;-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Errrrrrrm…

“Best Self-Inflicted Diabetes Catastrophe”
      “Hypo of the Year”
      “The Crikey! Award” for the most surprising/awe-inspiring/astonishing achievement despite (or because of) D
      “Best Diabetic U-Turn” for the person who, ahem, said they were never ever ever going on a pump, ever. And currently has one attached…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Most innovative place to keep your pump award
      Highest blood sugar outside of A and E

Dave
      Participant

Following @megs line….
      “Lowest blood sugar self-treated and corrected” – bonus marks for doing housework or carefully selecting the correct colour fruit pastille first.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.