Diabetes Retreat

Home Forums Living with type one Diabetes Retreat

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hola my fellow shooter uppers!!

Whilst persuing the interweb, I came across this advert a “Diabetes Retreat”.. I am led to believe that this is aimed more for Type 2’s but has anyone thought they could benefit from such break?

Link to said retreat, which happens to approx. 2 hours from me here in Spain..
      http://www.healthretreatspain.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=23

Fancy it? ???

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh yes please, when can I go? I particularly like the idea of the dvd that allowed one type 1 to reverse the disease just by changing their diet. What a bargain, I’ll take 14 nights please, might skip the exercise class and the visit to the supermarket, in fact I’ll just have a nice holiday. I’ll take my worn out pancreas with me obviously just on the off chance that any miracles do occur.

Cecile
      Participant

By glancing at the PT that’s on the menu (“Exercise – We offer yoga, rebounding and light exercise classes”), I make the inference that it is a nudist colony? Rebounding sounds like rope skipping without a bra…so I’ll say “nay”, thank ye! :D

lizz
      Participant

@Cecile, no, no, no no… I have a rebounder. All it is is a small trampoline-like thing. It is sprung tighter than a trampoline. You jump on it, or walk on it. 10 minutes on it is as much cardio-vascular exercise as a 30 minute jog, without the knee problems and with the added bonus in that it really does help with lymph drainage.

It’s hard work, but one of the best exercises you can do. They are relatively inexpensive (about Ā£50) and i would recommend one if you can cope with lonely jumping for 10 mins a day!

the other thing is, they can help with elderly people and healing – if you can’t even walk and have circulation problems all you have to do is put your feet on it and get someone else to jump on it – the vibration helps boost blood supply. It has even helped 90 year olds regain the ability to walk and balance.

i have never done this nude, and wouldn’t recommend it, in fact one of my friends who has one wears 2 bras to try and negate the, er, rebounding action in her upper areas!

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

Thanks very much! It’s now going to take weeks for me to get the images of bouncing nude ladies out of my brain! I keep drifting off to this wonderland, and when I return to conciousness, there’s a puddle of drool on the desk in front of me. I even have visions of contra-rotating tassels! Help! :P

lizz
      Participant

I’m sure it would have a similar but more unappealing effect on a nude man. Try replacing the image with the thought of a naked rebounding Ronnie Corbett, and I suspect you will have no more trouble.

Annette A
      Participant

My colleagues are now wondering why I’m sat here with a grin on my face…and stifling laughter :-)

Alison
      Keymaster

@lizz Brilliant!

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

Thanks @lizz, euphoria to nausea in an instant! Roflmfao! :D

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

Mind you @lizz, for that horror to occur, you would have to assume the men had sufficiently erm… extensive equipment to succumb to the motion. That could well be a problem if they were erm,,, uninflated… šŸ˜†

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

Mind you @lizz, for that horror to occur, you would have to assume the men had sufficiently erm… extensive equipment to succumb to the motion. That could well be a problem if they were erm,,, uninflated… šŸ˜†

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.