What pumps are you all using?

Home Forums Living with type one What pumps are you all using?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephen
      Participant

As per the title, I just wondered what different types you guys have been able to get – and maybe what your thoughts on them were?

Annette A
      Participant

I have the Accutrend Spirit Combo. I like the bg meter that acts as a remote control and does all the bolus/correction dose calculation bits for you. I don’t like the fact that it has no availability for CGMS (like @alison‘s does).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Animas 2020 – no clever bg meter with this one , or remote control, don’t know about CGMS compatability..
      The parent company is Johnson & Johnson (I think) so there should be something out there.. just don’t know that much about it… still a newbie.. and the choice I had was take it or leave it (it wasn’t new new, some chap had had it for 6 months and I think had gone on to have a transplant.. again, not sure – but share and share alike!)

Alison
      Keymaster

I use a Medtronic Paradigm (the older version of the new Veo that’s juts been released). I got it because it was the only pump that had integrated CGM. There’s a quick review of what pumps are on the market here – http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/2009/07/musings-on-uk-pump-developments/ – it’s a year old now but its still pretty relevant.

Alison
      Keymaster

I use a Medtronic Paradigm (the older version of the new Veo that’s juts been released). I got it because it was the only pump that had integrated CGM. There’s a quick review of what pumps are on the market here – http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/2009/07/musings-on-uk-pump-developments/ – it’s a year old now but its still pretty relevant.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hiya everyone – new to Shoot Up – please be gentle with me.

I have just (as of yesterday) been wired up to a Medtronic Pardigm Veo – the only one R I of Edin supply but it certainly does everything that it needs to do – including CGM (which I am not using – at the mo…)

After 26 years of ;

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hiya everyone – new to Shoot Up – please be gentle with me.

I have just (as of yesterday) been wired up to a Medtronic Pardigm Veo – the only one R I of Edin supply but it certainly does everything that it needs to do – including CGM (which I am not using – at the mo…)

After 26 years of ;

Alison
      Keymaster

Welcome Fiona and good luck with the new pump. You might like a look at this post about starting pumping – http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/2009/11/about-to-start-pumping/ – it’s a massive change but hopefully you’ll think it’s worth it once it all settles down.

If you want more of our stuff on pumps and CGMS, click on pump or CGMS on the tag list at the bottom of the right hand menu down the side of the screen.

Let us know how you get on.

Alison
      Keymaster

Welcome Fiona and good luck with the new pump. You might like a look at this post about starting pumping – http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/2009/11/about-to-start-pumping/ – it’s a massive change but hopefully you’ll think it’s worth it once it all settles down.

If you want more of our stuff on pumps and CGMS, click on pump or CGMS on the tag list at the bottom of the right hand menu down the side of the screen.

Let us know how you get on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good luck Fiona – hope it all works out.. I got my pump just before Christmas (after 21 yrs of MDIs) and it’s changed my life already (for the better!!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good luck Fiona – hope it all works out.. I got my pump just before Christmas (after 21 yrs of MDIs) and it’s changed my life already (for the better!!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Fiona, Hope all is going well so far? My son started his Veo in March and it’s really made a massive difference to him. Like Charlie, it’s changed his life too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Fiona, Hope all is going well so far? My son started his Veo in March and it’s really made a massive difference to him. Like Charlie, it’s changed his life too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was presented with my Accu Chek Spirit pump in Feb 2008 all great then the letter came through the door to say a few were playing up after a few months mine did (play up the side buttons wouldn’t let me give a bolus) As always this happened on a Friday with a bank holiday attached so new pump delayed until the Tuesday. However by changing the orientation of the pump boluses could be given not ideal but much easier than injecting again. I fancy a pump like Alison’s with CGMS. May have to talk nicely to Pump doc in new year?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was presented with my Accu Chek Spirit pump in Feb 2008 all great then the letter came through the door to say a few were playing up after a few months mine did (play up the side buttons wouldn’t let me give a bolus) As always this happened on a Friday with a bank holiday attached so new pump delayed until the Tuesday. However by changing the orientation of the pump boluses could be given not ideal but much easier than injecting again. I fancy a pump like Alison’s with CGMS. May have to talk nicely to Pump doc in new year?

Tim
      Keymaster

@fiflint – welcome to Shoot Up! I, too, am going on a Royal Infirmary supplied Medtronic Veo in the next few months. Much excitement!

Tim
      Keymaster

@fiflint – welcome to Shoot Up! I, too, am going on a Royal Infirmary supplied Medtronic Veo in the next few months. Much excitement!

Tim
      Keymaster

In terms of the Veo’s ability to do CGM, I’ve spoken to Medtronic and got a price for the sensors (fat chance of getting them on the NHS) and as they’re a bit expensive to use all the time, I thought I might use them for high days and holidays.

Generally if I’m doing a normal working week my BG is pretty steady and predictable and therefore there’s no real need for CGM. However, if I’m planning on going away on holiday, travelling or doing something where my BG might be a bit more wild then I might stick in a sensor just to make life easier.

I don’t actually get said pump for a little while, so I’ll see how it goes and report back accordingly.

Tim
      Keymaster

In terms of the Veo’s ability to do CGM, I’ve spoken to Medtronic and got a price for the sensors (fat chance of getting them on the NHS) and as they’re a bit expensive to use all the time, I thought I might use them for high days and holidays.

Generally if I’m doing a normal working week my BG is pretty steady and predictable and therefore there’s no real need for CGM. However, if I’m planning on going away on holiday, travelling or doing something where my BG might be a bit more wild then I might stick in a sensor just to make life easier.

I don’t actually get said pump for a little while, so I’ll see how it goes and report back accordingly.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.