Survey for CGM users

Home Forums Living with type one Survey for CGM users

Tagged: 

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Alison
      Keymaster

Professor John Pickup (recently retired from Guy’s Hospital but still academically active at King’s College London) is looking for some UK type 1s and type 2s to fill in surveys regarding the experience of using CGM.

He’s the man in the UK when it comes to all things pump and CGM so when I see something from him, I tend to pay attention.

This survey is intended for people who use CGM basically all the time rather than on loan from the clinic or once in a while. I think we have a couple of readers who use CGM most of the time. I’ve filled in the survey, it’s pretty simple, shouldn’t take you too long. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B8TPZ9D

Anonymous
      Inactive

Are there any type 2’s in the UK who get cgm?
      If so I’m annoyed & writing to my MP!

Alison
      Keymaster

@furrypaul if they pay for it themselves they can have anything they want!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@alison, pretty simple survey ? My New Year brain struggled to work out a. how many years and months I had been diabetic and b. How many years and months old I now am.

Dave
      Participant

Typical, my first visit for a while and the first post I see is for the blighters who have a CGM full-time!

Grumble, grumble, grumble – countered with my D being in a reasonable enough place not to need it!

Alison
      Keymaster

That’ll teach you for neglecting us and staying away so long @seasiderdave

lizz
      Participant

I did it the other day, forgot to say…

Tim
      Keymaster

(edit – removed post) – no commercial posts, s’il vous plait

Anonymous
      Inactive

Alison

How about a survey for those that want to use CGM but can’t cause their GP won’t let them – as a Type1, who wants a pump, but isn’t allowed one – grumble grumble grumble, but can see the GP may have a small point, but the CGM would be brilliant – even if not using a pump – as it would eliminate a lot of the problems associated with the pen method and multiple testing – as having a continuous read out of the glucose level would avoid the highs and lows – the benefits are not just confined to the pump user.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.