Pumpers’ custard, anyone?

Home Forums Living with type one Pumpers’ custard, anyone?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

In an ongoing onslaught on British cuisine (I’ve already caused the server to melt down by comparing earwax to Marmite), I’ve now zoomed in on your favourite pudding sidekick.

Years ago, I had my ears pierced, after which they started festering and to produce enough cheery yellow stuff to fill a tart.

Which brings me to infusion sets and their accompanying “open wounds”: Are you asked if your pierced ears got custardy before you can start pumping? Or does a pump-company allow you to “test-drive” a pump to see if you get custardy before the NHS “buys” it for you (or passes it on to Tim*)?

*Tim gets custody because Alison gets custardy?

Tim
      Keymaster

This thread has already made me feel queasy; I suspect it’s not going to get any better. I’ve no idea what the NHS do with pumps, they still won’t give me one of the damned things.

Alison
      Keymaster

I am delighted to confirm I have never been plagued by custardy ears or infusion sets. I know some people do occasionally get a little infection type custard in infusion sites but I think a little antiseptic cream usually sorts it.

I’m not sure I’ll ever enjoy custard again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Luckily I have been custard free to date apart from a little on my spotted Dick ,,, or jam roly poly ! :/

Annette A
      Participant

No custard here to date.
      My ears went more greenish. Lime custard maybe?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.