Pump battery

Home Forums Living with type one Pump battery

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

My pump – while never being particularly accurate in reporting the battery state – has been increasingly weird recently. It’ll jump from four bars of power, to one bar, to three bars all in the space of day.

Is this normal? Also, where do babies come from?

lizz
      Participant

Doesn’t happen with mine – so it must be you.

Perhaps (Oh, god, I hate this typeface, can you do anything about that?) you have that condition that means all electrical items hate you and in the end kill you in your sleep?

As for where babies come from I think you know they happen if you keep asking the question ‘is this normal?’ too often.

Tim
      Keymaster

So it’s me then? Oh, okay. I’m going to go away and cry now…

As for the typeface – do you mean the typeface on the “add a reply” box? If so, yes it is horrible. I’m not sure how to change it – but I’ll look it if when I have a moment.

Alison
      Keymaster

Yes, just you im afraid. Mine doesn’t do that.

To answer your other question, babies come from planets where sleep is for wimps, poo is a plaything and everything is fair game to be eaten.

lizz
      Participant

Hi Alison!

Yes, Tim, the reply comment typeface – it’s vile!

Tim
      Keymaster

Why meeeeee? Why only me?

Anyway, I’ll ring Medtronic when I have a chance and will report back.

I thought babies came from storks who left them in cabbage patches?

In other news this is posted via my phone. Technology, eh?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think you must have a special one @Alison – While perhaps not as properly wibbly wobbly as @Tim’s my Veo also likes to decide to go down to one bar after about a week of use, then have a bit of a think and return to two bars, then try out one bar again for a while. The one bar setting seems by far the favourite as it’s happy to site there for perhaps a month before springing the ‘Low Battery’ surprise when I’ve forgotten to take batteries with me somewhere remote.

What larks!

Alison
      Keymaster

Always pleased to hear I’m special mike!

Tim
        Keymaster

“Special” can be both a compliment and an insult. I’m plumping for insult in this instance.

Dave
      Participant

I had a dodgy batch of batteries once that lasted about a week. All straight again now.

I’ll back @Mike and suggest he was being complimentary. @Tim don’t confuse him with your levels of insult 😛

Alison
        Keymaster

Did I ever mention I think you’re great Dave? 😉

Anonymous
      Inactive

[Archaic punctuation reference alert] For clarity, if I had meant to be insulting I suppose I could have used a ‘sarcastrophe’, the written equivalent of doing those little wiggly-fingers-in-the-air gestures which consists of a caret around the text. That would have been ^great^.

In other news @Tim, do people usually say ‘battery cap’ on these kind of threads? Might be worth phoning Medtronic for a replacement?

Tim
      Keymaster

As a very late update to this thread, I rang Medtronic and they sent me out a new battery cap thingy which solved the problem.

Dave
        Participant

Same. It’s a disgrace how slow Medtronic are at posting out replacement parts.

I shall now go and troll them relentlessly for their shoddy service.

Tim
          Keymaster

Disgraceful, isn’t it Dave?

Alison
      Keymaster

Two years I’ve been worrying about this, two whole years fretting over your faulty battery life. I’m relieved it’s now sorted so I can sleep soundly again.

Tim
      Keymaster

Glad you can sleep again @Alison. It must have been a worry.

lizz
      Participant

My comments on this thread were those of yore. But I am most happy that Tim has been cured.

My battery life on the 640 is a bit of a problem, perhaps I could air that here? Not very long. Only long enough if I have my screen set at awake for a paltry 3 seconds. Which have to admit hasn’t caused too many blasphemies but is a bit of a bind.

but not half as irritating as the icon that tells you how much insulin is left in your reservoir. As I don’t need much and have the smaller reservoir, every time I refill it it is already on red. Which gives me no visual alert at all as to how long I have to go.

Battery icon is fine. But the alert often doesn’t alert until only 30 minutes battery life are left. Particularly irritating in the middle of the night!

Tim
        Keymaster

@Lizz – The small amounts of insulin thing and red line on the insulin indicator does sound annoying. Could you fill up the vial and re-use it with a new set?

Probably not as you’d be using some quite old, unrefrigerated insulin after a week or so.

lizz
      Participant

Yes, quite so. And I do get bubbles in the syringe, even when using warmed insulin.

I had a good idea and tried setting the new set reminder to two days, I thought I could clear the bubbles and then remind myself after one day further to change the set. But the blooming thing won’t do a reminder for one day! 2 days is the lowest it will go!

Tim
        Keymaster

Yes, I saw yesterday that you have two choices for a set change reminder – two or three days – flexible!

Could you use the generic reminder setting?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.