Magic vinegar?

Home Forums Living with type one Magic vinegar?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Something to make a note of, methinks!
      http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article/vinegar-clinically-proven-to-destroy-fat/

Pretty interesting – 2 tablespoons per meal to lose some weight?! Or something. But watch for hypos!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Vinegar helps with the limescale in our house but to drink it as suggested ????? Noooooo. not even to reduce my waist size!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cool, the amount of vinegar I put on my chips should help keep the weight down ha ha

Annette A
      Participant

I think there’s a small amount of science behind this, as I understand it, the vinegar acts to slow down your digestion, thus lowering the GI of the meal. So your bg rise would be slower. But it’s of more use to T2s (specifically those on diet control alone). And if you do have slow digestion, having a very vinegary meal (lots of chutney and pickled onions…) it might cause low blood sugar, as your insulin may start to work before your food has been absorbed.
      As for the weight issue – the longer you take to digest something, the longer your body has to wait for sustenance, the more if it’s stores it will use up. You still feel full (cos your stomach is busy digesting) so you dont eat more (possibly even you eat less) – so you lose weight! [This last is my guessing at how it works…]

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks @Annette! I like to know a bit of the ‘why’ behind stuff like that… Makes sense to me :)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.