Lowering awareness of diabetes

Home Forums Lowering awareness of diabetes

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

If instead of wanting raise awareness of diabetes (as charities and campaigners like to do) you wanted to set about lowering awareness of diabetes, how would you go about it?

Annette A
      Participant

I’d start by banning any kind of diabetes activity (blood tests, injecting, etc) in public, and also ban the publishing of any type of carb counting data on menus/in books etc.
      Make it hidden. Of course, that might bring to life an underground diabetes movement…

Cecile
      Participant

Hurrah! A post-meltdown rebirth! I rigidly persist with telling people:This is not your “best idea”/ “staid bee”/ “base diet”/ “beet aids”/ “sea bidet” etc. and hope they’ve never heard of “ma’s a gran”. (Hope you can get bag lady @caroline to redo her pantechnicon saga)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can it not get any lower??????????? ;)

Cecile
      Participant

Oooh! Underground diabetics (troglobetics?), like those wheat-eaters in cannibalistic Delicatessen? Before descending, we’ll have to shoot down all satellites & cell phone towers and while we’re down under, we should also cut all communication cables to incapacitate informative computers&phones (and hope I can finish this sentence before I lay hands on my wire cu

Annette A
      Participant

Blowing things up? I’m definitely warming to this idea…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ooh err does this mean we scan off the scale readings along with blow out insulin/pill taking amounts to compensate for the huge amounts of fish n chips/ chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate Heaven! Usb sticks infact any kind of stick unless its actually wood. Heres for daibetics/troglbetics doing it for themselves!

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

Troglobetics? @ckoei – stop it please, my sides hurt! :D

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok, I like this site – two awesome terms in one evening! :D Troglobetics and pancreatically challenged.

Hmmm, I am far too at home shooting up in public to allow these plans to come to fruition! But then blowing stuff up is fun… I’m torn! D:

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.