Greatest number of carbs in one meal

Home Forums Living with type one Greatest number of carbs in one meal

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

For my lunch today I had a great big sandwich, a bag of crisps, gooseberry fool and chocolate bar. This weighed in at about 130g of carbs for lunch, which – frankly – is moderately insane.

What’s the highest amount of carbs you’ve shoved down your neck in one sitting?

Dave
      Participant

That is reasonably high volume for a light lunch.

Of more concern is the timing of your meals. What time is breakfast in the Stripey household? Before bed?

Tim
      Keymaster

I actually meant lunch yesterday, but was too lazy to correct it after hitting “post”. Please rest assured that the stripy* household has regular meals at normal times. :-)

* ‘stripy’ as in ‘stripykat’ is always spelt without the “e” and a lower-case “s” – did you not refer to the style guide before posting? ;-)

Dave
      Participant

Ah, I feel much calmer now. Although I feel a bit hypocritical as I’m about to dive into my lunch at 11:50am.

*deliberately misspelt so you could correct with added marketing as always ;)

If anyone needs a Kindle case I thoroughly recommend the stripycat tm products as high quality and excellently priced.

( @tim is that subtle enough?)

Tim
      Keymaster

@seasiderdave – that’s possibly one of the most subtle product placements I’ve seen on this site! ;-)

Annette A
      Participant

I’m not joining in the high levels boasting (dont – cant – do that, makes me ill) but I do have a question for those of you that do: after a high counting meal (such as Tim’s lunch) do your post prandial peaks rise higher than after a normal meal? Or are they still at the same levels whatever size meal you eat? I’m just curious…

Tim
      Keymaster

My levels tend to drop and then rise – if I used the dual wave feature properly I could avoid that but it doesn’t seem to be much of a problem. So I guess after an hour or so BG levels are much the same whatever meal size. There are exceptions for the usual nemeses – fish and chips, etc., which just screw everything up for hours.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Other than going out for a meal, Lunch is always my worst meal of the day for carbs at about 100 (I have a yoghurt & a bannana rather than a fool)

Everyday it strikes me as nuts that what I consider a light bite requires soooo much insulin, never worked out a good solution to it though.

@annette – Yep I have noticed that mine do rise higher than normal afterwards before dropping which means I need to be careful with accepting correction advice from the meter. Weirdly, it seems to be worse since I’ve been on the pump which I can only put down to being slightly lucky with my lantus dosage times in the past taking some of the strain.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Doesn’t Big Mac, fries, dips come to about 150g CHO ?
      (And I can eat two Macs in a go)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.