‘flu jab

Home Forums Living with type one ‘flu jab

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

I had the pleasure of my ‘flu jab last Saturday and found that, this year, it didn’t hurt for more than about an hour. Other years I’ve had an aching arm for days. How painful / miserable have you found this year’s jab?

Alison
      Keymaster

Mine was less achy this year too. It was tender to touch for a couple of days, but only if I banged it into something. They must have added something special to the mix.

lizz
      Participant

I don’t get it, I rely on vitamin D3. I’ve only had flu once, when I was 6.

Tim
      Keymaster

I had ‘flu about four years ago and had a horrible, horrible time. Worlds apart from normal “man flu”.

Annette A
      Participant

I had flu, about 6 years ago. Threw up for a couple of days. Was nasty. Will never not have the flu jab again. But this year I didnt feel was any different – it just ached if i bashed it or held my arm above my head for a couple of days – much as normal.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Normally I’m tired & achy till the next day with a sensitive arm for a few days, my jabs on Friday so no idea how this years one will be.

I did have a reaction to one in 97 & had to go to hospital, wasn’t fun & now they have to check which flu’s are in the vaccine before giving it to me.

I’d still rather have the jab than risk not given the reaction I had from a weak version.

lizz
      Participant

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve ever felt that ill. So perhaps that’s why I’m not worried! Hardly ever get anything.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.