Doctor’s receptionists

Home Forums Living with type one Doctor’s receptionists

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

We all hate Doctors receptionists; even, I suspect, Doctors receptionists hate Doctors receptionists. @tandcake has this gem “One once told me that the insulin I was on was too strong for me and wouldn’t add it to my prescription. Last month I was told that BD needles didn’t exist because it they weren’t on the system (they were listed under B-D).”

Tell us your horror stories…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Told my gp’s nurse with a jokey smile

“I’m never capable of providing a (urine) sample when asked as I enjoy giving the jar to the receptionist a little too much”

She leaned in & whispers

“Why do you think I write please dip test before sending away for analysis on every sample jar”

Ok, ok, she was probably joking & there probably is a valid medical reason for testing them twice but it really made me laugh at the time :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Told my gp’s nurse with a jokey smile

“I’m never capable of providing a (urine) sample when asked as I enjoy giving the jar to the receptionist a little too much”

She leaned in & whispers

“Why do you think I write please dip test before sending away for analysis on every sample jar”

Ok, ok, she was probably joking & there probably is a valid medical reason for testing them twice but it really made me laugh at the time :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Actually the receptionists at my gp’s are lovely, although they did annoy me a bit back when I’d nipped out of work early , waited in line, only to be told my test results weren’t available unless I phoned the results hotline…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Actually the receptionists at my gp’s are lovely, although they did annoy me a bit back when I’d nipped out of work early , waited in line, only to be told my test results weren’t available unless I phoned the results hotline…

Annette A
      Participant

I got told, when I rang to see if my test results were in, so that I could then book an appointment ‘yes they’re in, they’re fine, you dont need an appointment.’ Excuse me? Since when were you qualified to diagnose and give advice?

Annette A
      Participant

I got told, when I rang to see if my test results were in, so that I could then book an appointment ‘yes they’re in, they’re fine, you dont need an appointment.’ Excuse me? Since when were you qualified to diagnose and give advice?

Anonymous
      Inactive

My GP has a nifty web-based system for requesting repeat prescriptions and for requesting test results. So after some recent (non-diabetes related) endocrine blood tests I filled in the onscreen form and listed the results I was expecting.
      I got a response saying that “The results are satisfactory”!!!
      Even if that was the opinion of my GP (and there was no indication that it came from anyone with GCSE Biology let alone a medical qualification) it is just an opinion, NOT a test result!!
      So I filled in another form and said “please can I just have the actual, numeric test results?” and I got a reply saying they would print off the results and that I would have to go into the surgery to collect them!!!
      Just goes to show that technology is no use if people won’t use it! :(

Anonymous
      Inactive

My GP has a nifty web-based system for requesting repeat prescriptions and for requesting test results. So after some recent (non-diabetes related) endocrine blood tests I filled in the onscreen form and listed the results I was expecting.
      I got a response saying that “The results are satisfactory”!!!
      Even if that was the opinion of my GP (and there was no indication that it came from anyone with GCSE Biology let alone a medical qualification) it is just an opinion, NOT a test result!!
      So I filled in another form and said “please can I just have the actual, numeric test results?” and I got a reply saying they would print off the results and that I would have to go into the surgery to collect them!!!
      Just goes to show that technology is no use if people won’t use it! :(

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.