Diabetes UK’s new look

Home Forums Living with type one Diabetes UK’s new look

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

I know Neville has already covered it in a post, but after reading the reactions to Diabetes UK’s new look over on their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/diabetesuk) I thought I would kick off a discussion on the forums.

What do you think of the new look?

Tim
      Keymaster

Here’s my mock up of what DUK’s logo would look like if they never spent any money on marketing or brand management:

logo

Anonymous
      Inactive

Genius! I like it clear and to the point! How long did it take you @Tim? What type face is it? and should the first ‘a’ in Association be a capital? ……don’t give up the day job!

Tim
      Keymaster

It took three minutes flat. It’s in the lovely Comic Sans font and I would have given association a capital A but that would have taken more time and money which could have been spent on a CURE, so I didn’t.

Alison
      Keymaster

Oh you had to start this off again didn’t you @Tim? Just as I was feeling the will to live slowly seep back into my body following the last round of the great logo debate, some idiot has to bring it up again ;)

Tim
      Keymaster

Glad to be of service @Alison :-D

Dave
      Participant

Comic Sans is the font of the devil. It has a single useful purpose in that for primary school children the ‘a’ looks like it is written. For all other use, especially business, it should be digitally terminated. And don’t even get me started on Incredimail ™

Tim
      Keymaster

@seasiderdave – Comic Sans is indeed the work of the devil and – in my view – is second only to the horrific Brush Script in terms of crimes against fonts.

At the minute my favourite font is the one used for the John Lewis logo – clean, crisp and little bit funky. Niiiice!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Surely we should pretend to be nice to the BDA & act like we like them until our questions to them get answered?

Then we can go back to our normal sarcastic ways ;-)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.