Diabetes UK – The Big Event

Home Forums Living with type one Diabetes UK – The Big Event

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave
      Participant

Just wondering if anyone else in this distinguished and highly educated group (ah-hem) will be visiting the Diabetes UK Big Event in a few weeks time?

Further details can be seen here http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Events_in_full/Education/Other-educational-events/Diabetes-The-Big-Event/ and here http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Events_in_full/Education/Other-educational-events/Diabetes-The-Big-Event/Programme-for-Diabetes-The-Big-Event/

Myself, my lovely Laura and the two junior family members are taking a weekend trip and will be looking forward to the ;

Tim
      Keymaster

Not me I’m afraid. I bet others will though…

Tim
      Keymaster

Not me I’m afraid. I bet others will though…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks interesting… will you be reporting back on these hallowed pages?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks interesting… will you be reporting back on these hallowed pages?

Dave
      Participant

@mike if requested then I’ll try to get something together after the event.

Dave
      Participant

@mike if requested then I’ll try to get something together after the event.

Alison
      Keymaster

Requested please @seasiderdave

Alison
      Keymaster

Requested please @seasiderdave

Dave
      Participant

Okey-dokey. I’ll take my notepad.

I always fancied myself as a member of Press Gang.

Dave
      Participant

Okey-dokey. I’ll take my notepad.

I always fancied myself as a member of Press Gang.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@seasiderdave – afraid not, I think I’ll be in the same geographic region as I’m still hoping to attend the Nottingham pump roadshow which is the same weekend.

Last time I visited that university it was a bit chaotic finding anything inside the place so come prepared with pump supplies, compass, food, st Bernards, etc :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@seasiderdave – afraid not, I think I’ll be in the same geographic region as I’m still hoping to attend the Nottingham pump roadshow which is the same weekend.

Last time I visited that university it was a bit chaotic finding anything inside the place so come prepared with pump supplies, compass, food, st Bernards, etc :-)

Annette A
      Participant

I would be going (after all, I work there) but its the day I get back from hols, so I cant.
      A word of advice – if they try to suggest you park in Carpark 7, ignore them unless you’ve got a very small car – its tight! Try any of the other carks, they’re much better. And if you need emergency food, Costcutters is right next to Rootes, so you’ll find that easily.

Annette A
      Participant

I would be going (after all, I work there) but its the day I get back from hols, so I cant.
      A word of advice – if they try to suggest you park in Carpark 7, ignore them unless you’ve got a very small car – its tight! Try any of the other carks, they’re much better. And if you need emergency food, Costcutters is right next to Rootes, so you’ll find that easily.

Dave
      Participant

Thanks for the tips @furrypaul and @annette. I’ve been directed towards car parks 7, 8a or 15 by the organisers so I know which one to miss. It’s the first time I’ve been to a big diabetes event and I’m quite looking forward to it :)

Dave
      Participant

Thanks for the tips @furrypaul and @annette. I’ve been directed towards car parks 7, 8a or 15 by the organisers so I know which one to miss. It’s the first time I’ve been to a big diabetes event and I’m quite looking forward to it :)

Tim
      Keymaster

@seasiderdave – we’ll get you a trilby with one of those cards saying “press” to put in the hat-band

Tim
      Keymaster

@seasiderdave – we’ll get you a trilby with one of those cards saying “press” to put in the hat-band

Tim
      Keymaster

Thanks @annette! See readers, it’s only on your soaraway Shoot Up that you’ll find top tips about parking at the University of Warwick! :-)

Tim
      Keymaster

Thanks @annette! See readers, it’s only on your soaraway Shoot Up that you’ll find top tips about parking at the University of Warwick! :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@seasiderdave – Press Gang? Does this mean you will be knocking some poor defenceless pancreatically challenged types senseless and carrying them off for a long sea voyage with enforced weevil-infested biscuits having failed to spot the ‘queens shilling’ at the bottom of their beaker of Lucozade? :)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@seasiderdave – Press Gang? Does this mean you will be knocking some poor defenceless pancreatically challenged types senseless and carrying them off for a long sea voyage with enforced weevil-infested biscuits having failed to spot the ‘queens shilling’ at the bottom of their beaker of Lucozade? :)

Tim
      Keymaster

@mike – Ha ha ha! You could be right, Dave’s too old to be in Press Gang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Gang)

Tim
      Keymaster

@mike – Ha ha ha! You could be right, Dave’s too old to be in Press Gang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Gang)

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.