Diabetes ‘cure’ to end misery of jabs

Home Forums Diabetes news Diabetes ‘cure’ to end misery of jabs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tim 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Tim
    Keymaster

class=”alignright size-medium wp-image-15668″ alt=”BespsgtCAAAoPEF” src=”https://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BespsgtCAAAoPEF-237×300.png” width=”237″ height=”300″ />

The Daily Express headline for today is “Diabetes ‘cure’ to end misery of jabs”. As it’s the Daily Express I haven’t bothered to read the story but I suspect it’s bollocks.

Needless to say, being the Daily Express, there’s also a picture of “our Maddie”.

Anyway, fellow “sufferers” do you find “jabs” “miserable”?

Dave
    Participant

<rant>

Two things…..

1: 10 years – LOL. And lots of LOLs. Always 10 years.
    2: “Cure” – that’s not a cure, it’s a new form of treatment (artificial pancreas) that is being developed around the world. Cure for me means no need to add insulin or gadgets to my body.

I love developments in treatments and welcome every tiny bit of progress but headlines like this do nothing to progress it or offer comfort to us “sufferers” (hate that word too).

</rant>

Good luck to the developers of this treatment though.

Tim
    Keymaster

Ah, good point about the definition of “cure”. I think a complete cure in a purest sense is unattainable but I would define a genuine, working artificial pancreas as a cure of sorts, no?

Dave
    Participant

Absolutely. But call it that. The parents of newly diagnosed kids will cling to headlines like this just like mine did three and a half cures ago!

Artificial Pancreas is definitely realistically achievable even though new technology including insulin needs to come first.

Oh, and getting NHS funding πŸ˜‰

Alison
    Keymaster

We should really post Tim’s excellent how to write a diabetic news story post on the Express website to save them the effort next time they decide to cure us.

And it does make a change to be cured by the Express rather than the Mail. A change is as good as a rest and all that

Alison
    Keymaster

We should really post Tim’s excellent how to write a diabetic news story post on the Express website to save them the effort next time they decide to cure us.

And it does make a change to be cured by the Express rather than the Mail. A change is as good as a rest and all that

Alison
    Keymaster

Dave
    Participant

As you asked so nicely (and so man times) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2545180/The-end-diabetes-jabs-New-insulin-implant-controls-blood-glucose-levels-without-injections.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

πŸ™‚

Tim
    Keymaster

I know you want to make a point @alison – but three times? πŸ˜‰

Tim
    Keymaster

The key bit from the article (to save you reading it) is the inevitable “Human trials are set to start in 2016 with the first implants taking place on the NHS within 10 years”.

Tim
    Keymaster

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.