”Bad” Infusion Set Batches

Home Forums Living with type one ”Bad” Infusion Set Batches

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stephen
      Participant

A month or two before xmas I got 4 boxes from Medtronic. First box was fine, second box had 4 failures (out of the 10) and the third box has had 3 out of 4 fail on me.

Failures are always insulin leaking somewhere after the end of the tubing, the insulin just comes flooding out rather than in. Set removed shows no kink in the cannula, and the site itself seems fine (no lumps or spewing stuff out.)

I’ve not changed my style nor my site placement strategy so I don’t think that’s at fault.

I’d moved onto the fourth box which has a different expiry date so hopefully a different batch.

Anyone ever had anything like this?

Tim
      Keymaster

Hmm, how curious. I’ve got a new batch of three boxes today (woo hoo!) so I will observe and report back.

Stephen
      Participant

Just to flesh the original details out a bit more, I also had some “No Delivery” alarms and random blood sugars with those sets.

36 hours since I changed to the new box, not had a problem yet nor a BG over 9.0 ………… time will tell

Tim
      Keymaster

So how did the new box go? Any further problems?

Stephen
      Participant

No problems at all – I had one set leak a little bit roughly 3 hours before I was due to change it anyway but that’s nothing in the grand scheme of things!

Putting it down to a bad batch and moving on :) How have your set failures been? Maybe it’s just a n00bie thing ….

(Edit) Actually I did have that bad day where two failed on me, but that was probably down to user error / bad site.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.