Waiting lists

Home Forums Living with type one Waiting lists

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

Wouldn’t it be quite interesting to compile a list of waiting times for pumps, CGMS (ha!), DAFNE courses, etc., in different PCTs around the country. We could then plot them on a nicely coloured map, which would be pretty cool, no?

Tim
      Keymaster

Lothian PCT is currently at 2 1/2 years for a pump apparently.

I’ve heard of an 11 year wait for DAFNE courses in some PCTs. I think “11 years” must be the NHS equivalent of “40 days and 40 nights” in the Bible. In other words a vague indication of a undetermined length of time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I remember someone saying on here that there was a 2 week wait for a pump in a london hospital somewhere. !!! Imagine that.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Glasgow Victoria’s DAFNE list works out at 11 years I believe – but is now closed! We were trying to do a map for iPAG, but trying to get info isn’t easy! There may be more info once the new Action Plan is out… if not it’s easy enough to ask a MSP to ask a PQ. You then have to consider if you believe what you read or not!

Tim
      Keymaster

@aileen – do you think there’s any benefit in asking patients to contribute the data? It might not be quite as objective, perhaps, but would still give a good indication of which areas are good and which are bad.

Alison
      Keymaster

Diabetes UK has Infobank which collates all the data available for a particular PCT and allows you to see how they compare with others. http://www.diabetes.org.uk/InfoBankUK/

Tim
      Keymaster

@alison – Coo! I never knew that was on the DUK site – that’s both useful and interesting!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.