Recession Meter

Home Forums Living with type one Recession Meter

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello fellow Fingerprickers
      My local authority has worked out that test strips are quite pricey and has implemented a regime of bulk-buying from one manufacturer. Unfortunately the new meter is a random-number generator that can also make a nice beeping-noise. Hospital consultant : “Yeah, we all know its s@*%, good luck with your GP” Fundamentally, I miss the pleasure of the Bayer USB. A meter with street-cred. Whilst being selfish, are there any techniques or key phrases to help me get back to the glory days?

Anonymous
      Inactive

What was it you liked most about your meter compared to the new sh*** one? The term ‘patient choice ‘ is key. E.g. Convenience, appropriate to carry, good/ better for sport or work, gives you a better quality of life etc; try and find out the cost of your strips compared to the NHS ones and work out the difference. If you’re a type 1 you really should be able to get what you want, type 2’s will have more problems. Consider changing your GP to one using another PCT although this may be difficult, I live on the Bucks /Oxon border so that’s easy for me. I use 3 or 4 meters and after a fight now get the strips I need. My argument for so many is that I use them to calibrate against other and I leave one in my sports kit, one in the car, one’s incorporated into my pump and the other is by my bedside because I am a lazy girl. This makes me a good diabetic though reflected in good HBa1c’s. Hope this helps Alex.

Tim
      Keymaster

So do you have the ‘choice’ of just one meter now? They were thinking of doing this (still are?) in NHS Lothian but I think the plan was to have the option of three or four meters / strips to give a semblance of choice.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Tim
      Keymaster

How apt!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.