On a pump with a baby bump – a smug update

Home Forums Living with type one On a pump with a baby bump – a smug update

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello fellow pancreatically challenged peeps,
      Today I had some marvellous news and as I’m feeling particularly smug about it, while it lasts, I’m going to brag! (go on, indulge me!)

I let slip on here a little while ago that I’d just found out I was pregnant (http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/2012/02/diabetic-women-can-have-healthy-babies/)

I’m now 16 weeks (about 3 months), I won’t lie, it’s been fairly horrific so far with swinging BGS, post meal spikes, a large amount of lucozade consumed and basal rates and carb ratios changing more often than traffic lights, oh and I’m still spending a portion of each day hugging a toilet bowl….

BUT…

my HbA1c that was 6.7% pre pregnancy, and 6.3% 10 weeks in, is today…. *fanfare!* 5.9%

Yay! My consultant actually said “Your diabetes control is brilliant. This is as good as it gets, both for you and the baby.”
      For someone who had an HbA1c of over 10 for 23 years pre pump, this is a world away from the “this really isn’t good enough” that I used to get.

@Megs I have therefore awarded myself your “Diabetes champion of the world” status for the day – hope that’s ok! :)

Tim
      Keymaster

Well done you Bellebe – I think this deserves smugness and the “Diabetes Champion of the World” badge for the day!

Alison
      Keymaster

That’s brilliant! A true diabetic genius in our midst :)

Tim
      Keymaster
      Tim
      Keymaster

Cor! That looks impressive on the front page activity feed!

Anonymous
      Inactive

lol! Yay – that’s being printed and going on the wall! :)

Tim
      Keymaster

He he! If you click it there’s a higher res. version. Or just go to http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/media/diabetes_champion_big.jpg

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Bellebe you are a perfect recipient for the Diabetes Champion of the World award, I have no trouble in handing it over to you as my control has been completely erratic today – serves me right for being so smug.

Your HbA1c result deserves nothing less than a gilt framed certificate, badge and a sugar free lollipop.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Megs – aw, thanks!
      But noted, now I have basked in it for a short while, the smugness must cease immediately or it’s pretty much guaranteed that my sugars will play havoc as punishment for me being so pleased with myself!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.