Mio versus QuickSet

Home Forums Living with type one Mio versus QuickSet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alison 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Tim
    Keymaster

My new pump has arrived and it’s come with some Mio infusion sets, which look intriguing as I usually use the QuickSets. Does anyone have experience of both? And what might the pros and cons of either be?

Paul
    Participant

I’m now an expert (of a week) 😉 as far as I can tell the difference is the inserter ..

I can see the mio being good when you get used to it but for a newbie it was a but of a FAFF setting it all up.

I got the tubing caught in the inserter cog on Saturday – managed to pull it all out w/o any problem & unjam it so it’s quite robust.

Tim
    Keymaster

There’s also some discussion of this over on our Facebook page:

s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

Does anyone have experience regarding the difference between the Mio and QuickSet infusion sets? Discuss over on the forums. Or here. Whichever you prefer.

Posted by Shoot Up or Put Up on Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Mike (eduad)
    Participant

I tried Mios a while back when I was having some problems with Quicksets kinking internally after insertion.

I know lots of people love em, but I always found the self-serter a bit ‘cracker toy’ and flimsy. I broke several without being able to get them inserted properly.

Alison
    Keymaster

I had the same issue as Mike – the inserted was really flimsy. And as I was happy with Quicksets and only tried them because id been given one I didn’t bother persisting. I suspect with practice they are perfectly fine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.