Insulin Dependant Diabetes Trust

Home Forums Living with type one Insulin Dependant Diabetes Trust

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

Further to an earlier post by @neobrainless, I’ve never heard of the Insulin Dependant Diabetes Trust (http://www.iddt.org). Anyone have any opinion on them?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Further to my own post (!) I’m suspicious of them being irrational GM hating hippies (the fact my hippy mum introduced me to them helps with that though :P ), while having a fair enough point about keeping animal insulin available…

Cecile
      Participant

No such thing as the nounish “Insulin Dependant(n) Diabetes Trust” – they sail under the adjectival banner “Insulin Dependent(adj) Diabetes Trust”. If they’re hippies, shouldn’t they be advocating a vegan diet? If all insulin dependants in Britain were to start using animal insulin, your meat consumption would have to rise by a sizable factor, so @neobrainless‘s mum is going to have to start gobbling up a pile of beefsteak tartare and trotters&tripe every day ;)

Tim
      Keymaster

Don’t blame me re: typo pedantry – I just cut and pasted from Rohan’s original post! ;-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lol, sorry, I never got the hang of the more difficult verb/noun/adjective differences :S Or at least, knowing the difference between dependant and ‘ent…

My parents aren’t veggies – but they eat their own meat when possible/mostly, so wont be contributing to the animal insulin stockpiles…

Cecile
      Participant

@neobrainless: If your parents aren’t killer tomatoes, do they taste like veal or pork, and are you an auto-cannibal too? Hope you added that to “autoimmune diabetes” on your internet profile :D

(And if you emigrate to America, you can use “dependant” as both noun & adjective to your heart’s content ;))

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wow, there’s finally a good reason to move to America! ;)

Sadly, like many vegetables I know, I have never tried eating my parents, so cannot enlighten you further :(

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

@ckoei – Damn, you’re far too clever for me Cecile, but I love you ‘coz you make me laugh… lots! :)

Anonymous
      Inactive

They seem a little too much tin foil hat for my liking…..

Tim
      Keymaster

@Axomoxia – hmm, I think so too…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.