Blame and claim

Home Forums Blame and claim

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

“You should claim for that”. These wise words were said to me today by a claim company tout as I hobbled by on crutches with my leg in a plaster cast.

Nice idea. Problem is my ankles joints have collapsed over the years due to diabetic neuropathy resulting in re arranged bones held together by metal bolts. I need crutches to walk and have had either/both legs in plaster for 6 out of the last 10 years. Considering the kind offer I just need one vital piece of information- who to claim against for 34 years of type 1.

Likely suspects.
      1. My parents for giving me wonky genes
      2. The person who gave me flu when I was 11 which preceded my diagnosis.
      3. Myself for being a rebel during my student years.
      4. Any other ideas ……..?

So before I track the generous man down and make my claim I just wanted to ask who would your claim be against and what kind of compensation would be justified for having diabetes. I’ll make sure its a no fee company just on the off chance I’m not successful.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m reminded of the Billy Connolly film “the man who sued god”

Other than that me & my wife have a running joke that its an STD since I’m a long termer & she got it 18 months after we started seeing each other.

Tim
      Keymaster

@megs – go for the sweet manufacturers too! They’ve got deep pockets and – as well all know – diabetes is caused by eating too many sweets ;-)

Tim
      Keymaster

@furrypaul – ooh, that’s a bit of a coincidence – I wonder what the odds of that happening are?

I was diagnosed three months after I starting going out with @Katie – so we reckon she gave me it. And grey hair.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@tim well you’re the only other one we’ve found.

From chatting in the clinics everyone assumes we’re just two diabetics who hooked up, apparently that happens a lot… (Almost) in the words of bon jovi “diabetes is a social disease”

When I tell a new doc/nurse its an STD you can see the cogs turning, wondering if anyones done any research!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.