Accu-Chek Combo Problems

Home Forums Living with type one Accu-Chek Combo Problems

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Started on the combo about 3 weeks ago, after not pumping for about 8 years, due to insurance issues.Not impressed with the combo one bit in 3 weeks had to replace meter and pump 3 times for major issues with,wireless communication,screen issues,date time resetting,missed bolus that said was delivered on meter yet never pumped,sugars in the high 300’s,for past 3 weeks. Just today recieved the 3rd set and amazing but it seems like it might work, it actually connects and sound like its pumping.We’ll see.Scary in my opinion a company would have to send 3 sets to get me one that works.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Never had a problem with mine, nor have I seen any problems on the forums…

Tim
      Keymaster

Yep – I’ve never heard anything so bad – maybe you just had a bad batch. Let us know how you get on with the new sets

Anonymous
      Inactive

Morning all.

Might as well use this post to introduce myself – I’ve recently (June 2013) got my first pump: the combo thing. I did actually have a faulty “next page” button on the pump on my first day. The remote worked as a replacement, but I phoned it in and got a new one in abour 2 hours? Not had any problems since and I can (sadly) report that it is a very sturdy piece of equipment. I was hit by a car on the side of my body where the pump was stuck – and while the pump itself survived with no damage, the rib underneath the pump was crushed.

I’m just bothered by the stupid “please check the code matches” popup when testing blood glucose. As far as I know the code is only a country code since 2011 or so, and the additional delay on the screen could well be removed by now.

Tim
      Keymaster

Hi Flo – welcome to Shoot Up! That’s one hell of a way to stress test a pump – I think there are easier ways of doing it, should you choose to. Hope the rib is better…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ouch flo!

Mines taken a few tumbles but you win the award for commitment to the cause of product assessment! Hope you got through it ok.

Agree on the coding, originally the test strips used to be supplied with different codes & a separate key that used to be inserted into the meter but now they’ve all got the same code, I either posted on here or Twitter about it because the removal of the keys wasn’t handled very well by accucheck!

The depressing thing about the combo is that the meter performs slower & throws up more errors on inserting the strips than the older aviva nano which was super speedy & rock solid in reliability.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.