Scotland – This is your chance to ask our political parties about their policies, plans and prioriti

Home Forums Living with type one Scotland – This is your chance to ask our political parties about their policies, plans and prioriti

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Up and coming husting meetings 15th and 21st March in Edinburgh

DIABETES QUESTION TIME

TUESDAY 15 MARCH 2011

In the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel,

Holyrood Road, Edinburgh

Everybody welcome!

Buffet from 6 pm – Question Time at 7 pm

In the Chair: Fred MacAulay

Speakers:

Shona Robison MSP(SNP)

Dr Richard Simpson MSP (Labour)

Dr Nanette Milne MSP (Conservative)

Ross Finnie MSP (Liberal Democrat)

Patrick Harvie MSP (Green)

To confirm attendance please contact Diabetes UK Scotland 0141 245 6380 or email: Scotland@diabetes.org.uk

THE HEALTH DEBATE

21st March 12.30-1.30pm

ScotlandVotes: The Scotland on Sunday Debates

Scotland’s leading election website, ScotlandVotes.com, in partnership with The Scotland on Sunday will host a series of hustings in the run up to the 2011 Scottish Parliament election. The third event will focus on health and the four main party spokespeople have all agreed to take part.

The hustings will be chaired by Kenny Farquharson, Deputy Editor Scotland on Sunday. Each spokesperson will provide a short statement and this will be followed by questions from the other spokespeople and the audience.

Please join us at the event if you would like to take part and grill the politicians in advance of the Scottish Parliament elections.

Monday 21st March – Health

Nicola Sturgeon MSP, SNP
      Jackie Baillie MSP, Scottish Labour
      Ross Finnie MSP, Scottish Liberal Democrats
      Murdo Fraser MSP, Scottish Conservatives

As an election first in Scotland the hustings will also be broadcast live on the internet with anyone from across the country not only able to view the proceedings but also ask questions live online. If you aren’t able to join us in person then please on Monday 21st March at 12.30pm log on to http://www.scotlandvotes.com to view the event. You don’t need to register here if you plan to view online.

Tim
      Keymaster

Cor!

Anonymous
      Inactive

We need a good turn out to show MSP’s that people with diabetes do care about their care and treatment. If it’s poor it will look like we are a minority again and get ignored. If anyone can make on the 15th please do come along to the Macdonald Holyrood Hotel at 6pm.

Questions can also be submitted to Alan at Diabetes UK Scotland whither you can make it on the night or not: alan.mcginley@diabetes.org.uk

Alison
      Keymaster

It’s probably worth the trip just to see comedian Fred MacAuley chair the session. I’ve seen him do a couple of diabetic things (his son has it) and he gets a good balance between serious yet amusing. If you are anywhere near by, do make the effort to go. It’s so hard to make a legitimate campaign for better care when only 3 people bother to turn up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Alison, you put that so much better than I could! I am worried there won’t be a good turn out, especially Type 1’s and I know how we are looked upon as it is and all we need is the new government to do the same for the next 4 years. We need to put the parties on the spot and get a commitment from them for Type 1 diabetes.

Tim
      Keymaster

Just to say that I’ll be there – so any of you crazy Shoot Up cats want to meet up then I’ll see you there. I’m looking forward to the buffet! Nom nom nom.

Anonymous
      Inactive

lol, excellent Tim. Will see you there. We hope to be there early, all going well!

Tim
      Keymaster

Last DUK buffet I had was made up almost entirely of rice and pasta-based dishes – I think they were trying to tell us something ;-)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.