intake.
      How much more *can* I take?

But why should I whine away?
      My life continues anyway.
      Remember that other’s lives are much worse
      And diabetes is a very forgiving curse

Tim
      Keymaster

This is so much better than the infamous diabetes limericks thread (http://www.shootuporputup.co.uk/user-groups/shoot-up/forum/topic/diabetes-limericks/). Hurrah! ;-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well, to be fair, it’s probably much easier to write without such a strict rhyme and rhythm scheme :D
      But thanks for the complement nonetheless… I don’t actually feel quite this bitter about diabetes… but it was late at night and I wanted a topic to write a poem about – and what better subject is there eh? ;)

Cecile
      Participant

Are poems then diabetter
      To show us what’s our matter?
      I’d much rather pick
      A strict limerick:
      It’s blessed with chains* that fetter.

*Thanks, @martynp, for showing that the very structure of limericks represents a diabetic regime, so they don’t need to refer to it at all…whoo! Now for 200 more! ;-D (and by keeping to rhyme & rhythm, I won’t be forgiven by means of blindness, kaput kidneys, dicky ticker, limb loss, etc.)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ah now that, my friend, is a very arty farty way of looking at it – and that means I love it! :D

Cecile
      Participant

Rhyming “…better” with “matter” isn’t arty-farty, it’s South Efrican… and you shouldn’t love it, ’cause it buggers up your forum topic (which claims to contain a single poem).

Anonymous
      Inactive

^^ Ah that’s easily fixed! ^^
      And I was referring to the way that you compared a rhyme scheme to a diabetic life… I’m a real sucker for clever analogies like that ;)

Tim
      Keymaster

@martynp – ah, you’ve found the right person then @ckoei is the mistress of the clever analogy!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.