Well, it’s been just over a week on the pump and how are things going?
To begin with I got off to a flying start with some outrageously good results for the first three or four days. However, this turned out to be beginner’s luck and since then my levels have been far too high. Not dangerously high but certainly outwith the parameters I’m happy with. Not that I’m anal or anything.
So I’m going through the usual pump start processes of testing, logging, testing, logging and reviewing data to see where things are going wrong. I’ve tried to do this systematically and only change one thing at a time so I can more accurately measure the effects of the change. Today, for example, I have decided to look at my morning basal rates and so have not eaten anything since last night. As I write this I have to confess I’m rather peckish, but I think I can safely live off my hump for the next few hours.
My results this morning have been highish – hovering around the 12’s – but, more pleasingly, they have remained consistently around 12, ;