Market research

Home Forums Market research

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Keymaster

Hello chaps! Here’s a couple of photos of Katie’s prototype pump case. Bearing in mind that it’s a prototype (the velcro is glued on (and it’s squint because I did it!) rather than sewn on) and that the photography is crap. What are your thoughts on nice pump cases hand made by a student of Scottish College of Textiles? Would you buy one? And how much would you pay if you did buy one? All feedback gratefully received!

Tim
      Keymaster

Also note that the top photo was taken by me while a) wearing the pump b) taking the picture c) trying to hold stomach in. Allowances must be made!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks good.

I generally prefer a horizontal mounting for my pump, as that seems to keep it out of the way more.

My other major requirement is security: please ensure that the velcro is firmly attached, and grips well. I’ve had some cases where the velcro didn’t hold like it should and my pump just fell out while leaning over.

Tim
      Keymaster

It’s a nice tight fit – so it’s going nowhere! The Velcro works quite nicely too. I was thinking of horizontal mounting too – we could do both as its make pretty much no difference when making the damned things.

Annette A
      Participant

How secure is it if used ‘upside down’? I prefer to have mine either horizontal or vertical upside down (ie with tubing coming out of the bottom) – reduces bubbles in the tube – keeps them in the cartridge! But that does mean the weight of the pump is on the velcro’d strap, so it would have to be very strong. (Not that it isnt, but I like to be sure :-) )

Tim
      Keymaster

Hmm, I wonder if we could have a popper instead of Velcro? I’ll ask The Boss.

Annette A
      Participant

If in doubt, ask The Boss. Actually, make that Ask The Boss anyway, doubtful or not.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I like the idea of material I suppose if you were really glamming up you could co-ord with your outfit. The bra attachment I have has two press studs which are great. my only preferance would be for a vision panel and to be able to press the buttons as I’ve never gone down the route of using the side buttons and counting my dose in.

How does it attach to your belt?

Hairy Gnome
      Participant

If I were a pumper, and if I were fashion concious, I’d be bugging you incessantly to tell me when I could buy one! :P

Anonymous
      Inactive

@teloz – You’d bug the living daylights out of him anyway regardless of subject!! hahaha

@tim – I notice that it is attached via a belt.. A clip on would be a great idea as not all of us need a belt!! (only kidding), but I’m sure some don’t and a clip would allow for greater flexibility. Saying that I appreciate that fitting on a belt does provide a more secure fitting.

And yeah the pics are crap! Did you really expect me not to say anything??? ;)

But I like and if I were to one day be a pumper, I would certainly look at case thingy like that.. Great work @katie!! hehe

Tim
      Keymaster

Right ho chaps – The Boss says a popper can be done and would indeed be better; a clear panel can’t be done and it is a belt loop – clips would add to the cost. So there we have it.

Annette A
      Participant

Now that’s what I like to see – someone taking charge and laying down the law. Go @katie!

Cecile
      Participant

So the bikini-bottomed babes around here ( @alison, @charlie, @mustard?) are going to have to buy a stripykat scarf too, to bind their pumps around their loins?

As Astrid Lindgren’s Stolle-Jocke says: “Be crafty and catch lice with your toes” ;)

Anonymous
      Inactive

She of the bikini-bottom (babe? – I don’t think so!!) would like some kind of soft cotton/lycra strap/scarf thing to attach to my waist too… Thanks @ckoei for the thought. I nearly ordered a “maternity bump band” this week to keep my pump attached to my waist with some kind of comfort.. I have become allergic to my pump!! (getting very itchy wherever it’s placed next to my skin..) If anyone else has some ideas I’d be grateful.

Alison
      Keymaster

@ckoei I am honoured to be a bikini bottomed-babe although I do think you should get your eyes checked again!
      @Tim The case looks great but I’d definitely need a clip
      @charlie Have you tried putting the pump in a baby sock to give you a layer of protection between you and your skin?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@alison – yes I’ve tried a baby sock (well, phone/i-pod sock) it does help, but the pump keeps slipping out.. I’m going to try adapting an old pair of leggings to get the soft waistband and use some of the leg fabric attached to make a pocket.. I’ll let you know how my seamstress skills (or lack of them!) get on.

Alison
      Keymaster

@charlie That sounds well beyond my remedial sewing skills, my limit would be stitching a bit of elastic over the top of the baby sock to keep the pump in. Other than that expert help would be required!

Annette A
      Participant

@charlie I dont know what pump you’ve got, but I have an accutrend spirit, and accutrend do a case that matches what you are wanting exactly (I know, cos I accidentally got given one with my pump – they normally cost £15) – its a wide length of elastic that goes round the waist with a long piece of velcro at the end that fixes it without anything plastic/metal/etc touching the skin, and a fabric pouch designed for the pump with a popper strap to keep it in (even upside down) The elastic goes through a belt loop. Maybe worth you looking at their website to see how it looks for an idea how to make your own? (Its called a belly belt)

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.