More strange things people ask
20 July, 2012 in The Blog
Trawling through the site stats for Shoot Up throws up some interesting facts. Plenty of people find us by searching the interweb looking for information about insulin pumps, living with diabetes, carb counting, injecting and the like. But others find us via slightly stranger searches â€“ Iâ€™m not sure whether that says more about us or them.
- Is wine good for diabetics? Iâ€™d go a step further and say itâ€™s not only good, itâ€™s sometimes essential to preserving sanity.
- Are 5 year olds allowed lucozadeÂ Thatâ€™s a tough one. Iâ€™d recommend only if theyâ€™ve been very good, completed all their homework and tidied their bedroom
- I’m sorryÂ Thatâ€™s ok, donâ€™t do it again and weâ€™ll forget all about it.
- How to get blood out of your fingerÂ There are many methods. Most of us prefer a lancet, but if youâ€™re a more adventurous type I suppose you could try a hammer, a saw or maybe a chisel.
- Treacle bender I canâ€™t begin to imagine what you were expecting to find when you searched for that, but I suspect Shoot Up came as a disappointment to you.
- Slough of despondÂ Ah yes, thatâ€™ll be us, misery, misery and more misery.
- Workout on a submarineÂ I can see how that would be a challenge.
- Chiropody tickleÂ Iâ€™m glad its not just me who finds the whole diabetic foot check process ticklish.
- I want my feet tickled LondonÂ Each to their own I suppose, Iâ€™d suggest a diabetic foot check.
- Square wave bolus crispsÂ Now they sound tasty, what flavours do they come in?
- Best illness to be off work withÂ I like your thinking. The beauty of diabetes is you donâ€™t have to put on a sore throat or feeble voice when youâ€™re using it as an excuse, just baffle them with science about your carb ratios being incompatible with your basal rates and needing some time to modulate your glycaemic levels. That should get you a week at least.
- What would happen if a fruit pastille went into spaceÂ I would imagine it would get eaten by a diabetic alien.
- Hello sailor in greek I can see you have interesting plans for your summer holidays, always good to be prepared with the essential language skills youâ€™ll need.
- Can fruit pastilles give you a headacheÂ Yes, mostly when youâ€™ve accidently put them in the washing machine and theyâ€™ve melted all over your clothes.
- Can a diabetic be in the sunÂ Diabetes and vampirismÂ are known to be closely linked so on your own head be it.
- Sugar free pastilles pocket rocketÂ I must hunt this down and get one
- Do armadillos have insulin? Pass